What is Sports Massage?
Sports Massage is a systematic manipulation of the soft tissues of the body that focuses on muscles relevant to a particular sport. Sports massage was developed to help athletes prepare their body for optimal performance, recover after an event, or function well during training.
Benefits of Sports Massage
Some of the reported benefits of sports massage include:
- Increased joint range of motion
- Increased flexibility
- Decreased muscle tension
- Decrease neurological excitability
- Decreased muscle spasm
When to get a sports massage?
- Pre-event. Before a tournament, to maximise the performance for the tournament.
- Post-event. To normalize body tissues after a competitive tournament.
- Restorative. During training to allow athlete to train harder and with less injury.
Contrary to what the name suggests, you dont have to be an athlete to benefit from sports massage. Sports massage emphasizes on prevention and healing of injuries to the muscle and tendons and can be beneficial for anyone.
C-G-11A, Jalan PJU 1/45, Aman Suria, 47301, PJ